Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm glad help is pouring in for Susan Lovie Boudville, widow of the late Loga Arumugam of the iconic and evergreen Alleycats, after her Tanjung Bungah home was razed on Aug 6.

There's 1MDB's RM100,000 cash for her, RM50,000 from the Culture Welfare Assistance Fund of the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture, RM1,000 from the Yang Dipertua Negeri Fire Disaster Relief Fund, RM1,000 each from Tanjung Bungah assemblyman Teh Yee Cheu and Permatang Pauh Umno Youth chief Abdul Aziz Shik Ahmad, and RM500 from the state Welfare Department. Also RM5,000 from Penang chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.

Susan is now scouting for a new place. She hopes to find a house in the Tanjung Bungah area.

I'm posting about Susan Lovie Boudville because she is someone I knew in  primary school (Assunta Primary) and through secondary school (Assunta Secondary). She is one of a pair of twins - her twin is Helen.
We used to hang out together and played softball in school. 
 I never knew she was married to Loga. I don't know how I never knew that but I  think it's because we've lost touch for some 25 years. In fact, after secondary school, we took on different paths. But I remember we bumped into each other at Glass Bubble, a discotheque in what was then Jayapuri (now PJ Hilton) Hotel, sometime in the 80s.

Facebook brought us together. Even then I did not know she was ever married to Loga and had two (grown-up) kids with this iconic artiste.

 I was going through FB and as I was scrolling down her wall I read her posting in which she uploaded a love song - one that was "our song" (She and Loga's). That got me.

I had no idea until I read more.

I mean, I love the Alleycats. I know their songs, I've met them. I grieved together with the rest of the country when Loga passed away.

But I never knew the Susan was Loga's other half.

I really feel so stupid....some journo that I am...

To Susan - hang in there.  I pray everything will work out fine..When I'm in Penang, I will surely look you up.

No comments: